Construction of Gabions and Stone Pitching in Ha Sebekele 1 & 2 and Ha Likobo, Berea District; Mahlabatheng and Ha Moruthoane, Maseru09/09/2022
Replacement of Pumping Main in Qacha’s Nek; Construction of a Reinforced Concrete Weir and Gabions, Reinstatement of Access Road, and Replacement of Abstraction Pipeline in Semonkong09/09/2022
Rehabilitation of WASCO Infrastructure in Mapoteng, Makhaleng and Qomo-qomong.
Specific Procurement Notice
Request for Quotations
Re-Advertisement as a Follow-up to the Publication of the Public Eye Friday August 19, 2022, and Friday August 26, 2022 to Present an Amendment (Addendum 1) to Bidding Documents
(One-Envelope Bidding Process)
Country: Kingdom of Lesotho
Name of Project: Lesotho Lowlands Water Development Project - Phase II
Contract Title: Rehabilitation of WASCO Infrastructure in Mapoteng, Makhaleng and Qomo-qomong.
Credit No.: 6403 Portion A and 6402 Potion B
RFQ Reference No.: LLWDP/W/12 (A and B)
- The Kingdom of Lesotho has received financing from the World Bank toward the cost of the Lesotho Lowlands Water Development Project – Phase II and intends to apply part of the proceeds toward payments under the contract for Rehabilitation of WASCO Infrastructure in Mapoteng, Makhaleng and Qomo-qomong.
- The Ministry of Water now invites sealed Quotations from eligible Bidders for the Rehabilitation of WASCO Infrastructure in Mapoteng, Makhaleng and Qomo-qomong.
||Location of Site
||Estimated Duration (months)
||Approximate Location Coordinates
||Bid Security Amount (LSL)
||Construction Of Well-Points, Rehabilitation of Intake Structure and Pipelaying with Protection in Makhaleng, Mohale’s Hoek and Qomo-Qomong, Quthing
||30˚05’58” S, 28˚24’05” E
30˚24‘00” S 27˚43’34” E
30˚23‘49” S 27˚41’51” E
||Replacement and Diversion of the 200mm Gravity main in Mapoteng, Berea
- Bidding will be conducted through a National Competitive Procurement using Request for Quotations (RFQ) as specified in the World Bank’s “Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers- Procurement in Investment Projects Financing” Goods, Works, Non-Consulting and Consulting Services July 2016 Revised November 2017 and August 2018 and November 2021 (“Procurement Regulations”), and is open to all eligible Bidders as defined in the Procurement Regulations.
- Interested eligible Bidders may obtain further information from Lesotho Lowlands Water Development Project – Phase II. Enquiries must be sent to: Matumelo Daemane at [email protected] with a copy to Mr. Lehlohonolo Ncheke at [email protected]
- The Request for Quotations document, including the Environmental Social Management Framework (ESMF) in English can be downloaded free of charge from llwdp.co.ls website, Opportunities, Tenders. PLEASE NOTE THE UPLOADED DRAWINGS AND ADDENDUM.
- There will be non-mandatory site visit for interested Contractors as follows:
|a) Site Visit Schedule (Raised 4-wheel drive vehicle recommended):
||Mohale’s Hoek Makhaleng Water Treatment works: Monday September 12, 2022 at 10:00 hours;
Quthing Qomo-qomong Water Treatment Works: Monday September 12, 2022 at 13:00 hours.
|b) Site Visit Schedule (Raised 4-wheel drive vehicle recommended):
||WASCO Mapoteng Office: Thursday September 15, 2022 at 10:00 hours.
- Quotations must be delivered on or before Friday September 30, 2022, at 11:00 hours at 788/9, Fairview Avenue, Lower Thetsane, Maseru, Kingdom of Lesotho. Electronic Bidding will not be permitted. Late Quotations will be rejected. Quotations will be publicly opened in the presence of the Bidders’ designated representatives and anyone who chooses to attend at the address in paragraph 9 below on Friday September 30, 2022, at 11:00 hours.
- All Quotes must be accompanied by a Bid Security as stated in the table on Paragraph 2 above, in a form of Bank Guarantee.
- The address referred to above is:
788/9 Fairview Avenue
Maseru 100, Lesotho
Tel: +266 2232 4555