Rehabilitation of WASCO Infrastructure in Mapoteng, Makhaleng and Qomo-qomong.09/09/2022
Lesotho Maseru – EIB – Technical Assistance for Design Review and Supervision Consultancy Service29/09/2022
Replacement of Pumping Main in Qacha’s Nek; Construction of a Reinforced Concrete Weir and Gabions, Reinstatement of Access Road, and Replacement of Abstraction Pipeline in Semonkong
Request for Bids
Re-Advertisement as a Follow-up to the Publication of the Public Eye Friday August 19, 2022, to Present an Amendment (Addendum 1) to Bidding Documents
(One-Envelope Bidding Process)
Country: Kingdom of Lesotho
Name of Project: Lesotho Lowlands Water Development Project - Phase II
Contract Title: Replacement of Pumping Main in Qacha’s Nek; Construction of a Reinforced Concrete Weir and Gabions, Reinstatement of Access Road, and Replacement of Abstraction Pipeline in Semonkong
Credit No.: 6403
RFB Reference No.: LLWDP/W/12 (D)
- The Kingdom of Lesotho has received financing from the World Bank towards the cost of the Lesotho Lowlands Water Development Project - Phase II and intends to apply part of the proceeds toward payments under the contract for Replacement of Pumping Main in Qacha’s Nek; Construction of a Reinforced Concrete Weir and Gabions, Reinstatement of Access Road, and Replacement of Abstraction Pipeline in Semonkong. For this contract, the Borrower shall process the payments using the Direct Payment disbursement method, as defined in the World Bank’s Disbursement Guidelines for Investment Project Financing.
- The Ministry of Water now invites sealed Bids from eligible Bidders for Replacement of Pumping Main in Qacha’s Nek (starting at coordinates 30˚05’58” S, 28˚40’21” E, end point 30˚07’01” S, 28˚40’50” E); Construction of a Reinforced Weir and Gabions, Reinstatement of Access Road, and Replacement of Abstraction Pipeline in Semonkong in Maseru District (Coordinates are 29˚49’54” 28 ˚02’33”).
- Bidding will be conducted through National Competitive Procurement using a Request for Bids (RFB) as specified in the World Bank’s “Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers” November 2020 (“Procurement Regulations”) and is open to all Bidders as defined in the Procurement Regulations.
- Interested eligible Bidders may obtain further information from Lesotho Lowlands Water Development Project - Phase II, enquiries must be sent to: Matumelo Daemane at firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy to Mr. Lehlohonolo Ncheke at email@example.com The Bidding document can be inspected, through the Project Procurement Office, during office hours of 09:00 hours to 16:00 hours Monday to Friday, at the address given in Paragraph 10 below.
- The bidding document in English may be freely downloaded by interested eligible Bidders from llwdp.co.ls . PLEASE NOTE THE UPLOADED DRAWINGS AND ADDENDUM.
- There will be non-mandatory site visit for interested Contractors as follows:
|Site Visit Schedule (Raised 4-wheel drive vehicle recommended):
||WASCO Office Qacha’s Nek: Tuesday September 13, 2022 at 08:30 hours
WASCO Office Semonkong: Tuesday September 13, 2022 at 15:00 hours
- Bids must be delivered to the address below on or before Thursday October 6, 2022, at 11:00 hours. Electronic Bidding will not be permitted. Late Bids will be rejected. Bids will be publicly opened in the presence of the Bidders’ designated representatives and anyone who chooses to attend at the address below:
- All Bids must be accompanied by a Bid Security as stated in the Bid Data Sheet (BDS), in the form of a Bank Guarantee.
- Attention is drawn to the Procurement Regulations requiring the Borrower to disclose information on the successful bidder’s beneficial ownership, as part of the Contract Award Notice, using the Beneficial Ownership Disclosure Form as included in the bidding document.
- The address(es) referred to above is (are):
The Procurement Office
Attention of Procurement Officer
Lesotho Lowlands Water Development Project – Phase II offices situated at:
788/9 Fairview Avenue, Lower Thetsane, Maseru,
Kingdom of Lesotho.
e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy to email@example.com and
Web site: www.llwdp.co.ls