REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST28/08/2020
Specific Procurement Notice
Request for Bids
(One-Envelope Bidding Process)
Kingdom of Lesotho
Name of Project:
Lesotho Lowlands Water Development Project II
Refurbishment, Drilling, Supply and Installation of Equipment
for Maputsoe Boreholes in Zones 2 and 3 of the LLWDP II
6403 (Portion A and 6402 Potion B)
RFB Reference No.:
- The Kingdom of Lesotho has received financing from the World Bank toward the cost of the Lesotho Lowlands Water Development Project II, and intends to apply part of the proceeds toward payments under the contract for Refurbishment of Boreholes in Maputsoe.
Plot No. 12292-044
Kingdom of Lesotho.
- The Ministry of Water now invites sealed Bids from eligible Bidders for Design Construction of boreholes, in particular, to refurbish, drill, conduct pumping tests, supply, and install equipment for Boreholes in Zones two and three of the LLWDP II. The works involves inspection, investigation and analysis of existing groundwater levels, flow measurements, water quality sampling, erection of drilling equipment and associated items, installation of casings, tubing and screens, packing, borehole head works, pipe networking, pumping and power supply and overall pumping tests for proper functioning. Construction period is expected not to exceed six months. The bidders must have a minimum of ten years’ experience in ground water exploration.
- Bidding will be conducted through a national competitive procurement using Request for Bids (RFB) as specified in the World Bank’s “Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers- Procurement in Investment Projects Financing”Goods, Works, Non-Consulting and Consulting Services July 2016 Revised November 2017 and August 2018(“Procurement Regulations”), and is open to all eligible Bidders as defined in the Procurement Regulations.
- Interested eligible Bidders may obtain further information from WASCO (Lesotho Lowlands Water Development Project II) on Monday 24th of August 2020; enquiries must be send to this emails: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org and inspect the Bidding document during office hours 0900 to 1700 hours at the address given below:
- The Bidding document in English may be downloaded for free from www.wasco.co.ls/tenders/ or www.llwdp.co.ls/opportunities/
- Bids must be delivered to the address below on or before 7th of October 2020 at 12:00 noon at Plot No. 12292-044, Fairview Avenue, Lower Thetsane, Maseru, Kingdom of Lesotho. Electronic Bidding will not be permitted. Late Bids will be rejected. Bids will be publicly opened in the presence of the Bidders’ designated representatives and anyone who chooses to attend at the address below on 7th of October 2020 at 12:00 noon. There will be a pre-bid site meeting and conference at WASCO Offices in Maputsoe on the 3rd of August 2020 at 10:00 am.
- All Bids must be accompanied by a Bid Security of LSL 45,000.00 (Forty-five thousand Lesotho Loti) in a Bank Guarantee.
- The address referred to above is: